Sunday, January 2, 2011

Heart Surgery Scheduled

10 lbs, 2 oz. and counting

I think that was the first time we have ever rejoiced upon looking at the scale! Way to go, Asher! You’ve never skipped a meal (poor mommy), and now you’ve made it to your goal (even sooner than we expected). Next step: Open Heart Surgery.

Wow! We have begun to let that sink in a bit. On the one hand, it’s a huge relief to have the date set for surgery – it’s January 11th by the way – but on the other hand our son with have serious surgery on his little heart that’s about the size of bouncy ball.

I just don’t know how we would get by if we didn’t have faith and walk in the Spirit. I’m certainly not saying we are dealing with all of this “perfectly,” but we hold fast to the hope that we have in Christ Jesus. There have been some stressful times, but we try to holdfast to the things we know to be true and seek to honor the Lord as we continue on this journey.

So, yeah, the only major update in Asher’s condition is that he will have a complete repair of his heart on January 11, 2011. We want to say thanks for your prayers – we know this process could have been so much more difficult, and we’re confident that we’ve dodged a lot of potholes through the prayers of so many of you out there!

Hopefully I’ll find time to catch up on the last month or so. It’s been a struggle to find free time lately, but there are some fun stories to share from the Holidays!

7 comments:

  1. I marked it on my calendar-I'll be praying for you guys! Love the family photo, btw-so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you guys! for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! prayed specifically he would hit 10 lbs! thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erin,

    Good to see you today at Church! Marking our calendar and will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least they picked a date you'll never forget and will be a part of his story forever. :-)

    1-1-11

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have kept Asher and his family in my thoughts and prayers. Prayers will be with all of you, especially little Asher. May God be with all involved when he has his surgery. And may all the angels be holding his little hands, comforting him and his family with peace that all will be well. God Bless!!!

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO glad he's doing good and you guys are able to get his little heart fully repaired. We miss you over here and you've definitely got all of our love.

    Daniel and Kayla

    ReplyDelete