It was worth waiting for.
After 4 days with not a whole lot of progress (at least to our eyes), today was a big day:
This morning, Asher looked like this:
Tonight, Asher looked like this:
How awesome is that?! He’s off the breathing machine; he’s had all of his chest tubes pulled; he’s been weaned off all the sedatives…and now he’s playing with his fingers and sticking his tongue out! The transformation has truly been astounding!
You see, they’ve been playing with all the meds for days to prep his body for this. We couldn’t see it; all we could see was a sleeping baby hooked up to all kinds of machines. Now we have a happy baby who has been very well cared for (and continues to be).
If Asher has a good night, we might be movin’ on up and moving out of the PICU tomorrow. It’s just amazing. Thank you, God, and thank you all for praying!
Yea! Praise God! He still looks adorable.
ReplyDeleteAwwww. . .he looks GREAT!!! Praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteHe looks so good! I can't imagine not being able to cuddle him. I'm sure your arms are aching. But I'm so thankful for his progress!
ReplyDeletePraise God for such a good report and such a beautiful sight in that handsome little baby!
ReplyDeleteMy heart leaped for joy yesterday afternoon when I saw Asher. Marty had discribed him as "He is directing traffic with his hands and feet and really likes the vasiline on his lips". I truly Thank The Lord for all He is doing. Words cannot express my thanks to Asher's , Doctors , Nurses , Staff , all of the Prayer Warriors , Friends and Patrons of Live Wire. Please keep it up. Erin just called while I was typing and said She will get to HOLD him and feed him this morning and he should move tomorrow to his room. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. GranDanny
ReplyDeleteOur God is an awesome God, He reigns forever on high!!!! We are praising Him right along with you!! Love to all, Aunt Martha
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled to see he was finally extubated. Wish it had happened on my shift. He is even more handsome now. Good luck. :-) Renee, RN
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!! I just love this!! :o)
ReplyDeletePraising God with you!! the Fields
ReplyDelete