Sunday, April 25, 2010

Brennan is a sleepwalker

Well as you may have noticed I did not follow thru with my plans for posting and I’ve gotten way behind. There is so much I want to share about, but I just get overwhelmed knowing that there are like 10 posts to write to be caught up. So my new plan is to post 1 thing everyday- some days it may only be a picture. Hopefully in time I will catch up and you will get to see and hear about all our time here in East Asia! Comments are highy encouraged at this point to keep me motivated!!!


Now back to the good stuff... We have reason to believe that Brennan is a sleepwalker. Several occurrences of strange behavior from Brennan have led us to believe this fact. Each instance has been pretty funny for us. I’ll share what I can remember about the most recent time.

It was a pretty normal night. Brennan went to bed around 8 pm. As usual he played for a bit, talked to himself, and sang songs. Then things got quiet and he fell asleep. About 2 hours passed, Marty and I were sitting in the office talking when we heard Brennan’s door open and then the office door opened slowly. Brennan stood there in a blank stare. He didn’t say a word or try to open the door further, but stood there completely silent, just staring at me. He rubbed his head a few times and continued staring for at least 5 minutes! Then he turned around and walked back into the hallway.

Instead of putting Brennan to bed right away, we decided to let it play out to see what would happen next. In the hallway Brennan starting dancing and singing, not just a little sway, but an all out DANCE! With his arms and legs flailing and butt shaking, he stomped around for a few more minutes. You would have thought that we had some great music playing, but other than Brennan singing, it was silent.

Then suddenly he just stopped, walked back into his room, and got back in the bed. He did not cry or whine or make a sound. Marty and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing. It was one of the funniest things Brennan has ever done.

We let a few minutes pass then went in to check on Brennan. There he was in the bed asleep like nothing had ever happened!

Below is a pic of Brennan sleeping on the floor in his room. He rarely naps these days, but we have found him like this a few times this month.

4 comments:

  1. How funny! I used to sleepwalk when I was in fourth grade. It was kind of dangerous though. Sometimes my parents would still be awake and I would have non-sense conversations with them, which was funny. But a few times, I actually walked right out of my house. Once I locked myself out, and woke up at the top of our street. I was a bit freaked out. Luckily it was warm outside and I fell back asleep on our trampoline until the morning. After that, my parents put bells on my door knob that would wake them up if I opened my bedroom door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Erin! That story about your little boy is SO CUTE! I, too, am a sleepwalker. I started around age 4, and I guess provided my parents some funny stories! Now I provide them for my husband! I also eat in my sleep!! yikes!

    Hope things are good for you all over there!
    love,
    kyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a sleep walker and talker. Look, I turned out OK, right? Well, that was the 70's, now they probably tell you to send him to therapy.
    On the talking note? I still do that. One college roommate kept a notebook of stuff I said at night.
    Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, he is getting sooo tall!

    ReplyDelete