I think the picture says it all, but just to make sure...Baby Mullis #2 is on the way in late September!
There is a pretty funny story about all of this that should bring some laughs. For a few weeks we thought I might be pregnant, but we didn't know where to buy a pregnancy test here or even how to ask someone. We wanted to keep it a secret so we didn't want to ask our friends for help (as you can see in the pic the box actually has English, but we had no idea it would). Finally I couldn't stand not knowing so I asked my friend, Anita, to help me get one. Little did I know that she just asked her husband to pick up one when he dropped by the store to pick up some snacks. Her husband, Jeremy returned from the store and trying to protect our secret in front of some other friends he told Marty that he picked up Tylenol for him. Marty looked at him puzzled and said ok, but really had no idea what Jeremy was talking about. Marty came back to pass along the message to me and I looked at him puzzled and said " I didn't ask Jeremy for Tylenol." Eventually we realized that Tylenol= pregnancy test.
But that was not the end of it. I opened the pregnancy test and pulled out the directions... not one word of English and there were 4 possible results instead of just 2 (pregnant or not pregnant). So we had to ask for help again. Before I took the test, I met up with Anita again to translate the results for us. Marty wanted to wait another day (I forgot to mention that all this was taking place at a conference) because we were supposed to be meeting friends for a "parents night out" after we all put our kids to bed. FINALLY I just gave in and took the test and it was positive! Now we knew we were pregnant, but we agreed to wait to tell anyone since it was very early in the pregnancy.
Waiting to tell people was killing me! I was too excited to keep it a secret and let it slip to one of the moms later that same night. She of course told her husband who later congratulated Marty (who had no idea I let the secret slip). Marty came back to me asked if I had told anyone and reminded me that we had agreed to keep it a secret. So then we had a quick discussion about keeping the secret again and that we wanted to wait a few weeks before we made it public.
That didn't last long. The next day we had a Mom's Lunch. As we went around sharing about ourselves as well as the names and ages of our children, I crumbled. Suddenly out came the words I had promised not to share… “We have a son Brennan who is almost 3 and another one on the way.” Inside I was thinking did I just say that out loud. Marty is going to freak out.
Even before I got back to our room someone had told Marty congrats again. He was waiting for me with a smirk on his face. I confessed that something may have slipped at the mom’s lunch and instantly scolded me for going against our agreement, especially since we had not even told our parents or Brennan yet. Throughout the rest of the weekend the news continued to spread and we received many words of congratulations.
So the news is out a little earlier than we had planned. And of course you all know now that I am not great at keeping secrets (at least not my own secrets). Brennan is VERY excited and seems to understand that the baby is growing in Mommy’s tummy (one time he did tell someone that it was in his belly). He tells us that he wants a Baby Sister.
We’ll be sharing more details as we find them out. I am going to the DR for my first ultrasound on Monday. Then we’ll have an accurate due date. Please pray for me and the baby’s health. I have been having some “all-day” sickness and fatigue.
Congratulations guys!!! So exciting! I would probably do the same thing, Erin.
ReplyDeleteYay!! So fun (and adventurous) for ya'll!!
ReplyDeleteyay! so fun!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! So excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! :D Can't wait to meet the newest Mullis when you're back in the country!
ReplyDelete