Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ka-Chow, it's Lightning McQueen!


Brennan has a pretty big obsession with the Disney movie "Cars". He has watched it at least 50 times in the last year. He also has some "Cars" toys that he plays with everyday. He even pretends that some other things like blocks, spoons, and his toothbrush are "Cars" characters as he plays.

So I decided to help feed this obsession by making him a special "Lightning McQueen" costume this year. It all started with a cardboard box and some red paint. I found all the detail parts online and just printed them off.



This was much easier to make than it appears. It took me about 8 hours over 5 days to get it all done. Unfortunately, after all that precious time and love poured into the costume, Brennan didn't like wearing it. He kept it on for less than 10 minutes. I am thankful though that he loves to play with the car now and even has it talk to the other little cars sometimes.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment