Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chop the Mop

It’s been a year since Brennan had a haircut! Although he has beautiful curly hair it has gotten a little out of control. Every morning he wakes up with a big afro that has to be tamed down, and the Asian people here also keep calling him a girl.

What Brennan looks like when he wakes up. Don't you love the afro.


So I decided that it was time to CHOP THE MOP! In a rather ambitious moment, instead of taking him to an Asian barber (who probably has never cut blonde, curly, fine hair) or letting a friend do it, I cut Brennan's hair myself. Ultimately I thought that if I totally blew it then I could just buzz all his hair off. The whole process took about an hour, but I was surprised at how smoothly it went. Brennan watched a movie the whole time. Here are some shots in our living room barber shop.


BEFORE

In process

Having a little fun styling his hair!



Just for comparison again...

BEFORE

AFTER (about 2 weeks later)


5 comments:

  1. He's so cute! And he's gotten so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was baby to big boy! Just in time to be a big brother. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so stinkin' cute!!! Love the hair...you are brave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job cutting it! I'm still working on my skills at it without much success. You're a natural.

    ReplyDelete