Monday, May 31, 2010

Boy or Girl... Baby Update 10-21 weeks


I’ll confess that I have not been so good with the baby updates. Other than being sick there really has not been much to share. Here’s a little bit for you…

Back on March 10th (the morning of Brennan’s Birthday) Marty and I traveled all the way across town to the international hospital for my first prenatal appointment. After a long series of questions with the receptionist, (one of them being, “Is the patient a female?”) we headed to the ultrasound waiting room. We were blessed to see our new little one on an amazingly clear ultrasound. We could even see little hands and feet moving around. Unfortunately, that was the extent of our visit. For some reason at 10 weeks, the hospital staff said that it was too early in the pregnancy for me to see a doctor. According to the nurse it was “irrelebent” to get blood tests or anything else done. So we returned home with our ultrasound on CD and prayed for good healthy development for the baby and for me.

Just a short few weeks later an International Clinic run by foreign doctors opened here. So a few weeks ago I was able to see an American doctor who will followed the normal American protocol for prenatal care. We heard the heartbeat again and the doctor said everything was looking normal!

I was holding off to post this update because we were planning to get another ultrasound done. I was planning to post up the new pics with this update. It’s a long story and actually we don’t know the whole truth yet, but we tried to go back to the same hospital and it was CLOSED. We’re planning to go try another place soon. I’ll post those pics as soon as we have them!

The baby is VERY active and seems to be very healthy. Brennan seems to really grasp that the baby is real and growing in my belly. He has started pointing ay my belly saying, “Look Mommy the baby is getting big.” He also talks about what he will do when the baby comes. I am going to try to get that on video cause it is super cute! He’ll say, “When the baby cries I’ll calm him down or I’ll help the baby put on his pajamas.”

It’s a… well we’re waiting to be surprised when the baby is born. Right now we’re hoping for a boy just because we have a name picked out and we have no ideas for a girls name. Hopefully we’ll be ready by the time the lil one arrives!


No comments:

Post a Comment