During the month of November we focus on being thankful to God. This year it has been fun to talk to Brennan about what it means to be thankful. Each day this week we shared a few things we are thankful for and we wrote them on the feathers of our “Thankful Turkey.” Brennan mentioned Mommy and Daddy first, then his friends Bright and Zion. The following night he was thankful for cars, so I wrote “cars” down. That was not enough for Brennan. He insisted that I list each of the cars by name!
The day before Thanksgiving our friends invited all th kids over to watch "Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving." There are two parts to the movie: One part is a rather accurate story of the 1st Thanksgiving, the 2nd part is about Charlie Brown hosting Thanksgiving Dinner. I think the movie was a little too advanced for the kids (it talked about people dying on the Mayflower, and even mentioned indentured servants). The kids seemed to enjoy it though.
Kayla (Bright and Zion's mom) even made Pilgrim hats and Native American feathers for the kids to wear. Brennan talks about "Snoofie" and the LOVES to wear his Pilgrim hat!

.jpg)
Brennan looks adorable in that pilgrim hat! And I LOVE the family photo. Hope things are going well for you guys! We left a message over skype the other night. Hopefully we can have a skype date soon :) You're in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I'm so glad he has so many kids to play with! Love the updates!
ReplyDelete