Friday, December 18, 2009

Laughing out loud

This is a little out of order, but it took place the night Marty returned from his trip into the mountains.

We were so thankful to have Daddy return after 6 days without him! Brennan had asked about him multiple times EVERYDAY. I kept telling Brennan that Daddy was on a special trip or that he was in the mountains. No matter what I told Brennan he always said, “Oh yeah, Daddy is in a meeting.”

We celebrated that night by eating a special dinner- quesadillas. Little did we know that we would see those beans again later! Brennan woke up in the middle of the night pretty upset and ended up throwing up all in his bed. I was thankful to have Marty back because my weak stomach could not handle cleaning up the mess. After giving Brennan a bath and cleaning his room, all three of us climbed into our bed.

It was dark and quiet and we laid there in our bed a bit shocked (and grossed out) by the late night events. We were finally settling down to fall into a deep sleep. When suddenly Brennan sat up in the bed saying, “Focus, speed. I am speed.” Marty and I exploded with laughter. Brennan was quoting a line from his favorite movie “Cars,” something he had NEVER done before!

This truly was a great way to end a rather traumatic evening. It’s definitely something we will never forget!

3 comments:

  1. When are we going to skype? Brennan- I like my food the second time around too...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys!! Merry late Christmas (by one day..not too bad, huh?) Hope ya'll had a great Christmas in a new and different kind of way :) We thought about you guys and prayed for you! Hope all is well. Oh, and Feliz Navidad (we'll throw a little bit of culture in there too!)

    ReplyDelete